Tuesday 9 April 2013

TOO MANY POLYGONS

My model in MudBox at final stage is roughly about 600k polygons which is too massive for a game I reckon. So I ask Ben about it.

I go lower and lower into this 2660-triangle lizard and wonder: would it be proper for my low-poly

And I put on my 680k-triangle version and ask it for my high-poly model

Furthermore, I reduce the polygons with "reduce" command in "mesh" menu... which cut off tons of triangles. If the second solution can't be used, this is plan B for that.^^
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben says that 2660-triangle is about the same as his example model showed in class, so it should be my low-poly model.
For the high-poly, fortunately, Ben said that the 680k version is pretty for high-poly; opposites of my thoughts.
Yes, all good now and I'm ready for next steps.