Thursday 20 June 2013

LOW POLY AND RETOPOLOGY

I wasn't sure about how to make low poly version for all of my models. When I built those models in ZBrush, I used Dynamesh and distort it a lot, so I lost to get back to my base mesh. These are some attempts I used to get low poly:
1) Topology brush in ZBrush

Can't use: I found it hard to move the intersecting points and hard to control the curve. I'm still a newbie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2) Decimation Master in Zbrush


Can't use: It decreased a large amount of polygons but the model was full of triangles, can't use for animation and horrible for UV mapping. (Since I need to hand models to the others to work on these, I really to fix low poly models)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did some research, I found an amazing software specifically for retopology, called "Topogun". Lots of guys from the industry recommended it.
3) Topogun - "the ultimate :D" 
Back to DigitalTutors website to grab some awesome, fast tutorials on topogun. After learning Zbrush, I found that Topogun was super easy to learn. :D

http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/623-Getting-Started-with-TopoGun