Wednesday 19 June 2013

SHORT REVIEW

The last trial on pusher has been used for the first testing session. Looked "OK" though. It was my bad to record all the game versions.
However, I was still not happy with the model. I wanted to push into something new and less limited (from the workflow). I looked into the game industry's forum, and I did know this program before "ZBrush".
Now is the time to try something new.

I've been through a lot of tutorials online:
The very first start with those:
http://www.digitaltutors.com/tutorial/1093-Introduction-to-ZBrush
and a lot of tutorials form ZClassroom
http://pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/

Comments on trying Zbrush:

  • Extremely hard to get used to at the beginning (the interface is way too different from a standard window-software)
  • A 2.5D software, not really real 3D
  • Very fast, real-time experiences
  • Most favourite tools: Dynamesh, Decimation Master, QMesh, ZSphere and Shadowbox
  • The more I learnt about it, the more I love the software (like Photoshop, too many interesting things to learn ----> challenge)
  • Lots of crashes and looking up for solutions as well.